Introduction: Veronica

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Hello!

Please, bear with me- I'm not very good at introductions.

The question of vocation didn't directly enter my life until fairly recently. For that matter, neither did the question of Christ. I was raised in a very secular family, and was a Pagan for the greater part of my life. From my earliest moments, however, the need to know the Truth, and serve Him was foremost in my mind- the only problem was finding Him.

In my first year of university, I began studying philosophy(I'm working on a double major in biology and philosophy). Through that, I was introduced to Saint Augustine... and through Him, the Church. It did not take long before I found my way into Mass for the first time in my life. From that point on, I was hooked.

At the Easter Vigil of 2004, I was received into the Church. Shortly after that, my confessor suggested I begin attending Mass daily, and praying to know God's will for my life. Little did I know the adventure I was about to begin on!

I began to feel incredibly drawn to a life of prayer and penance in the religious life, but I brushed it off- surely this was just a case of convert zeal. However, the urges to explore this further only grew stronger.

Finally, I spoke again to my confessor, who wasn't surprised(at least that made for one of us). So, at his suggestion, I contacted a few communities, and visited the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist in October.

Kneeling in front of the Blessed Sacrament, two things became very clear to me. The first, that this was not where I was called to be. The second, though... I realized that, were I to enter the religious life, Christ in the Blessed Sacrament would be my Spouse. To be His so completely- imagine!

I need that. He has given me so much, how can I fail to give Him everything in return? I have my struggles and more than my fair share of weaknesses, but I have decided to trust Him on this one, and follow wherever He leads. In doing that, I don't think we can ever lose.

So, in a year I will be graduating from university. If I can find a community, and pay back my student loans, I hope to enter the cloistered contemplative life within the next few years.

Update (July 2007): Veronica, is no longer a member of this blog. After this post she left the Catholic Faith and joined paganism. Later: She has reverted back to Catholicism.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP