Taking a year off?

Monday, May 15, 2006

As some of you know I am praying a fifty four day novena. Something has been brought to my attention that I like. As some of you know, I am having a hard time deciding between entering the college seminary program or not. One of the main reasons is I feel lack of experience in life, the only life experience I have is getting drunk in Europe.

Something I haven't thought of is taking a year off between high school and college, and go on NET, National evangelical team for a full year doing retreats at parishes all across the states. This would provide me with much needed discernment I think. I know one of the deacons being ordained to the priesthood was in NET so I am going to talk to him. I feel that possibly being involved with NET would help me to continue to live my Catholic Faith and let me do a lot of catechesis.

I don't know howt his would affect entrance to college, ie: ACT scores and such. But I think this would be something beneficial for me.

I'm going to talk with the vocations director about this and see what he thinks.

In Christ Jesus,

Ed L.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP