Introduction:Pedro/MariamInvoca

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Greetings everyone, I'm new to the blog so I thought I'd take some time to introduce myself. My name is Pedro and I'm a 21 year old college student finishing up a B.A. in Political Science before applying to seminary. At this point, I'm pursuing/discerning a vocation and probably applying to enter the Oblates of the Virgin Mary to study for the priesthood. In joining the blog I hope to have a forum to share with others who are discerning so that we can strengthen each other, grow in fellowship and thus build up the Body of Christ. It's not easy to follow the Lord, He never said it would be, but we can gain strength to bear our crosses from each other and from Him principally. In terms of my vocation it's quite a long story. In a nutshell I felt called to the priesthood from an early age and this was confirmed during middle school and elementary school. High school however coincided with my "spiritual rebellion" but suffice it to say God is gentle but persistent. It was through Our Lady and the Eucharist that I entered the Church once more and then there was the call again...and strong. I began to discern and found myself drawn to religious priesthood and since then have visited communities before settling on the Oblates, which I'm of course working through in spiritual direction before application time. Well, I look forward to many more chances to share and grow together. Please, keep me in your prayers if you can. God bless!

January 2007 Update: Pedro is no longer a member of this blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP