An update

Monday, June 19, 2006

After going on a retreat, I realized there was much things in life I haven't experienced. For the first time in my entire seventeen years of life, I never had fun. But on this camping retreat I did things I never dreamt I would have done in life. So I realized there is much more out there. I aslo came to the realization that I need time to experience the life I haven't. So after consulatation with the vocations director, we made the decision that I will still attend either the Franciscan University or University of St. Thomas and transfer into the college seminary, if I feel called to join in a year or two.

I'm also discerning a situation in my life which I need to really pray about to make a decision. Email me for details at mariandevotion (at) gmail.com if you'd like to give me advice. The more advice the better.

As far as I discern, I am discerning marriage, diocesean, and the MIC (Marians of the Immcaulate Conception) The one thing I can't see with joining the MIC's is the fact that I won't be working for my diocese. I have so many friends in the diocese, that I'd almost feel that I'd be letting down the Church of Green Bay.

Beside FUS being 6,000 dollars cheaper (though a ten hour drive away) one of the advantages is that MIC has a house down there so I could always discern with them in addition as I haven't been on one of their retreats.

Please keep me in your prayers, I need them the most.

In Christ,

Ed L.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP