Pray for Me

Monday, August 28, 2006

Over the course of the summer I have taken a lot of time to discern, to think, and just be. Over the course of the summer I also have been meeting with the vocation director to discuss everything.

Over the course of the summer I have continued to pray and to think and to discern. To some readers this may come as a surprise; while to others this will not be a surprise.

After careful consideration, thought, and prayer, I have come to the conclusion I will not be entering a college seminary program.

After recently meeting with the vocation director, and asked if to go to a college seminary, what would my second major be. My response was politics; I also told him that I was working with a campaign also. I was told, I could major in anything else, but politics. I was told that I would have to stop campaigning after this election.

I honestly don't think I am ready to give up something that I really like to do just yet. I was excited about majoring in Political Science and having a great internship.

I also am in the "beginning phases" of starting a relationship. We are slowly getting to know each other, but we have a lot in common from what I can tell, so it's going to be great.

I have decided to apply and hopefully attend a local Catholic college which is half an hour from where I currently live. I see a lot of potential at the college there. I will pursue studies in Philosophy and Political Science and take elective courses in Catholic Theology.

So I ask you all to pray for me, that I will continue to know if I'm doing the right thing or not.

Thanks.

In Christ,

Ed L.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP