Countdown to New York

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Someone asked after my last post which order I am visiting. I am visiting the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal in the South Bronx. They are a beautiful order and I am very happy to be discerning there. You can visit their website by clicking the following link: Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal. The site itself doesn't offer a whole lot of insight into this order but you can read a lot of interesting things about them through Sister Clare who has articles posted at the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal site.

I am feeling very at peace about this visit. I have come to realize that no matter what happens, all will be well. Our first and most important call in life is a call to holiness. Going there to discern will not be a detriment to me as long as my first priority is to grow in holiness. No matter where I go or what I do in life, so long as this is my first priority, I will not be wasting my time. Every effort to grow in holiness is a worthy effort and could (almost) never be considered wasted time.

I have met another young woman who has discerned with them (kind of still is) through the blogsphere who has been very helpful in my preparations as well. As it is hard to get in touch with the sisters, it is nice to have someone who has 'been there, done that' to help me out.

So... there's my update. Where is everyone?

22 days and counting...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP