Beautiful Beyond Description

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

You are beautiful beyond description, too marvelous for words, too wonderful for comprehension, like nothing ever seen or heard. Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom? Who can fathom the depths of Your love? You are beautiful beyond description, Majesty, enthroned above! And I stand, I stand in awe of You. I stand, I stand in awe of You! Holy God to whom all praise is due, I stand in awe of You.

As I drove to and from various destinations today, I contemplated the beauty of our Lord. The natural progression of my contemplation led me to thoughts of the beauty of espousal to our Lord. As I let my mind drift toward the heavens, I became accutely aware of the reality of what was going to happen in two days. It was almost as though my life and my discernment became 'more real'.

Yesterday in the car when my mother told me she was going to cry all day Thursday, I didn't know how to respond. "I'm only going to be gone for six days," I thought. Still, I knew she must be moved to see her first baby growing up and moving on. I tried to keep the conversation light though it probably would have anyway, knowing my mother. Later in the evening I was talking to a good friend of mine about it. He reminded me that she was probably a little bit sad for herself. She probably, on some level, is nervous about me going there, liking it, and going 'away for good' shortly thereafter. Even though she has known for some time, and likely expects me to like it, things are becoming more real for her too.

I have to admit I'm a little surprised it has hit her before me. She is not very emotional or sentimental on the outside. Who knows what lies in the depths of her heart but to the world, she is strong and brave and really couldn't care less about many things. Little disturbs her. On some level, it is something I have always admired. So I was taken aback to hear her talk like this.

In other news... I am nearly done making one of my skirts for the trip. I am quite pleased with the result, considering it was my first attempt at a real article of clothing. I had to wing most of it but that considered, I did okay. I still need to sew one more and pack most everything.

I will be brining some light reading for the plane ride along with some spiritual material to help prepare me further before landing in New York. I expect it will help to calm my nerves a little. Frankly, I can't wait to be there and to be meeting all of the Sisters. I think I'll make it in time for Mass which will be such a beautiful way to start my visit! Praise God for that opportunity!

Please pray for me while I am away.
May the Lord give you His peace!

in Him, with Him, through Him

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP