A Vocation Prayer

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

O loving Jesus, you promised that once you were lifted up, you would draw all things to yourself. Through the mighty power of the Holy Spirit, draw to yourself the hearts of all whom you are calling to be a brother, sister, or priest. If you are giving me this gift, help me to respond generously.

O loving Jesus, I long to gaze upon you. Reveal to me the beauty of your love in your Sacred Passion. Enlighten my mind to see the passing nature of all earthly things. Make me thirst after you, who alone can satisfy the deepest longings of my heart.

O loving Jesus, Spouse of Souls, let me hear your voice calling my name. Give me a realization of the urgent and grave needs of our times, so that I may generously leave all things in order to follow you.

O loving Jesus, I ask all this for the glory of your holy Name and to obtain an abundance of your mercy for souls. I commit myself entirely to your holy will.

Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP