Pending retreat

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Praised be Jesus Christ!

The last two weeks have been such a blessing for me. While I was staying with my family over the holidays, all I wanted to do was to return to the discernment household and to the normal order of my prayer life. As difficult as prayer has been for me over the past months (dry as dust, you might say), as soon as I lose the daily rhythm of the divine office, a holy hour of adoration, spiritual reading, rosary, and Mass, the only thing I desire is to have it again. It seems impossible to wait another year and a half before I can enter an order (I'll receive my degree in May, 2008), and I keep begging the Lord to accept me sooner. If He asks me to wait, I suppose I can bear it, but not for anyone else!

Fr. Antoine Thomas of the Community of St. John visited us this weekend, and gave us a beautiful glimpse into the life of this order. Anyone considering a religious vocation should check them out; their number (about 1000 strong, despite the order's relative youth) includes priests, brothers, apostolic sisters, and contemplative sisters. They have monasteries all over the world. You may recognize Fr. Antoine's name from his "children's adoration" ministry -- he travels all over leading holy hours for children and family and giving talks on the importance of bringing kids to Our Eucharistic Lord.

I am currently trying to plan a personal retreat for about a week near the end of January. I've never been on a real retreat before, but it will hopefully allow me to refocus my prayer life and perhaps find some answers to vocational questions. Please pray for me that this will work out! Also pray for my roommate, who is currently on an eight-day Ignatian retreat.

God bless you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP