Women's Contemplative Communities

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

+JMJ

Praised be Jesus Christ! It has been a long hiatus from myself and the first few blog entries made, but I have been quite busy with school and work and what seems to be a great infinite mountain of other things that need to get done! Well, enough about me for now...

One thing that has been consuming some of time lately is compiling a list of women's contemplative communities complete with contact information and websites if available. The list is still incomplete and includes currently about 70 different communities here in the United States. The communities listed are to the best of my knowledge have a contemplative charism and apostolate. If there are any errors on the list, you can contact me via e-mail at jezu.ufam.tobie[at]gmail[com] and I should be able to correct them within a short period of time.

Currently the list does not have OSC Poor Clares, Carmelites (both O Carm and OCD), Visitation Nuns, and a few other lesser know/minor communities listed.

There will in the future be a list of men's contemplative communities as well, but that will not begin until I have completed or maybe even finished the women's communities. I hope that this will be a helpful resource for many discerners or those who make a hobby of keeping up with religious communities. God bless you all abundantly!

Lord, Thy Will Be Done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP