Here I go again

Monday, May 07, 2007

Well I almost made it through Lent without looking at any other orders. At least I managed to keep from visiting the monks at Our Lady of Fatima Monastery until a whole week after Easter. The past few weeks have been a whirl, they want me in classes at St Charles Borromeo in the fall.

I am going on a second retreat in about 8 hours, lasting through Sunday.

It's a bit scary, the house has been established since the 50's or 60's (a daughter house of Casamari in Italy), but has produced no native vocations until now. Br Felix, their lone novice, will be the first to make it to simple vows this fall. I will join one other postulant at this time, but there are almost a dozen other aspirants at various stages of inquiry. All my yearning for the 'good-old days' where you just entered the nearest monastery has been answered. This is the only place I can trace the beginning of my vocation, under three miles from my house.

Keep me in your prayers, you are all in mine.

ChrisN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP