Update

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
There's an old saying that states "Expect the unexpected", and I suppose I should have remembered that saying this weekend. Some unexpected pleasant surprises occurred over the weekend that I never would have anticipated. The best of all these surprises are that my parents told me that they thought that the Jesuits would be a good fit for me, indicating that they support my discernment of a Jesuit vocation. Also, my mother echoed remarks from my spiritual director, pastor, and friends that the Jesuits would be a better fit than the Franciscans. This is the sense I had as well, so maybe I've already found the order that I should join in 2009. Having my parents on my side is a big relief, and eliminated the last anxiety I had about joining the Jesuits, which is a good thing.
This academic year I will try to validate whether the Jesuits are the order God wishes me to join, and hopefully I'll have a good indication one way or the other before I leave to study in Rome next fall. So, my brothers and sisters and companions in discernment, I ask you to keep my discernment in your prayers this school year, as I validate whether or not God is calling me to join the Jesuits. May God grant you abundant blessings as you discern God's will for you.
In Christ,
LandOLakesJesuit

+ Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam +

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP