A Freshman Escape: Results

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Hello once again!

As you can tell by he previous post, I just wrapped up this year's "Freshman Escape" retreat here at IU.
This retreat was amazing! There were 11 retreatants including me, and it was truely a blessing to get to know each of them (one of the other retreatants was another girl on my floor). For this retreat, the main theme was ot only going away and spending time with God, but how to go back and incorporate God into your life. I must say, that it was nice to see typical colege students give up one of thier friday nights to learn how to make God apart of thier lives...truely the handywork of the Holy Spirit!

Also, and this has nothing to do with the retreat, but it does follow up with a previous post of mine. In my previous post (I believe it was the "Update" one), I mentioned that I would be teaching catecism to the grade school kids of my new parish. Well, I just recieved my teaching assignment, and I will be teaching 3d and 4th graders...I am very excited! My first class to tomorrow night, and I pray that everything will run smoothly!

Thank you for all of your prayers! May you always feel God's presence in your discernment! God Bless!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP