A "Freshman Escape"

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Hello my fellow discerners!

When starting a new step in life, there is frustration, confusion, and various other anxieties that a person experiences. So, going off to college and leaving behind friends, family, mentors, and other comforts can not only be challenging, but can also leave vary little time for God. One of the most important things to remember when going off to college, is to make time for God; to find a church to attend, and to find new people who will lead you closer to God. I have no doubts that any of you have that problem. However, it never hurts to set aside a little more time for God, like in a retreat. This week-end, my new parish will be having a "Freshman Escape" retreat for all of the new freshman here at IU. This retreat, as you can guess from the title, is meant to "escape" from the excitement and anxiety of college, and to spend some one-on-one time with God, and to spend that time growing closer to Him. I will be attending this retreat, and I can honestly say that I cannot wait for it to come faster...this week for me is packed with classes, academic meetings, homework, and so on...I ask that you continue to keep me in your prayers for this week-end, as I will be keeping all of your in mine, and God Bless!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP