My New Students

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hello my fellow discerners!

As you know, I just became a catecist for 3rd and 4th graders (Thier names are Maddie, Obie, Stephan, Damien, Andrew, Brennon, Jacob...I believe that is all). I am excited to be teaching these kids, and even more excited to be giving God and Jesus freely to them. Also, as most of you know, I am thinking about the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, and as you know, they are a teaching community, so....I thought that I would take a chance and see what it would be like to teach children. Well, these are some of the most obnoxious children that I have ever known, and I could tell by the look on my co-catecist's face that she was frustrated with them. But, something happened within me that I never expected would happen...I desired to teach them, I wnted to teach them, no matter how horrible they were; I have such a strong desire to bring God to them...Also, I think God is testing me in a way, I think that he sent me the most difficult class, to let me know that teaching was not always glorious...I wish all of you the best in your discernment! God Bless

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP