Please Pray For Me

Sunday, September 30, 2007

My dear brothers and sisters in Christ, and companions in discernment.
I will be attending a Come and See weekend at the Jesuit noviate in Saint Paul, Minnesota, and I am very excited. This is the order I feel called to, and I am excited to see what it's like to be a Jesuit novice this weekend, as well as visit with my friends there and get to know the new novices.
I ask for your prayers for me as I attend this Come and See weekend, that I take from it what God wants me to, and that I will continue to be lead by Our Lord in the right direction. I am 90% certain that I am called to the priesthood, and 80% sure that the Jesuits are the order that Our Lord is calling me to serve Him as a priest through, but there's always that part of you that asks "Is this really where God is calling me to serve Him?".
I know now that the deepest desire of my heart is to serve Our Lord as a Roman Catholic priest, forsaking all ambition for glory and academic recognition. I feel called to bring people to Christ through the gifts of the seven sacraments, and to serve Him and His Church all the days of my life, and offer my life to Him as a living sacrifice. However, though I am confident of God's calling me to the priesthood, I need to find the capacity through which He wishes me to serve Him as a priest.
I have been praying for guidance, but I am in need of your prayers as well, so please pray for guidance in my vocational journey, and that I will have the grace and means to serve Christ in whatever vocation He is calling me to. I will also continue to pray for all of you.
May God grant you the grace and means to discover and serve our Lord in the vocation He has planned for you.
Your brother in Christ,

LandOLakesJesuit

+ Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam +

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP