No I'm not ignoring you....

Monday, October 29, 2007

+ JMJ+

Hi Everybody,

No I didn’t fall off the face of the earth….and no I’m not ignoring all of you! I’ve just been really super busy, and stressed. I’ve also been struggling in my discernment. Not between the Religious life, Married Life, or Single life…but between congregations and such. The two that I’m discerning with are the Daughters of St. Paul, and the Dominican sisters. It’s kind of weird, because these two orders really aren’t alike at all. Who knows if I’m going to enter one of these or what God has in mind for me, but at the moment, this is were I am in my discernment journey!

I was thinking about the Daughters of St. Paul (or Paulines or FSPs) because they work with the media. I mean how many times a day do you view negative messages without knowing it!?! At the grocery store on the magazine covers at the checkout lines, on billboards, in phone books, in your mail, in your e-mail, and on web pages, you view these so many times a day without even realizing it. Can you imagine if all of those negative messages were replaced with positive messages? Our world would be a much happier place. I would LOVE to help change the world for Christ through the media. But, as you can see, I’m not much of a writer, and I wouldn’t be able to stand doing editing work! The Pauline’s do A LOT of books and material like that. However the Paulines also do music and web pages. I would enjoy working with the internet sites. After visiting the convent in Boston, and seeing their recording studio and equipment and such, I realized that I could happily live in that section of the convent for FOREVER! J
I was also thinking of the Dominican sisters. I would absolutely LOVE to teach children! My preference would be to be a music teacher. I already play three instruments and sing, so getting a degree in music education shouldn’t be too hard. The only problem with this is that, after talking with the vocation directress, I found out that you can be assigned to teach any subject even if you have a degree in a specific field. I guess that is part of the vow of Obedience! Just as a side note, I also love that they wear the full habit!

I fell so torn. Sr. Margaret Michael (vocation directress for the Daughters of St. Paul) and Sr. Jamie (one of the newly professed sisters.) came to my house for dinner one evening, a couple of weeks ago. After speaking with Sr. Margaret Michael, in the few moments when the rest of my rather large and noisy family wasn’t talking J ,I realized how much I missed being at the convent in Boston. That night I felt so drawn to the Paulines. But I know that after I visit the Dominicans in the spring and I speak to The Dominican Vocation Directress I’ll feel so drawn to the Dominicans!

Well, I’m sorry this is a really long post about nothing. But as read my “nothing post” just send up a prayer for me! Thank you and I pray for you all each and every day!

God Bless! J

St. Faustina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP