Planning For Next Semester

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
It's been a hectic week so far here at UST, between classes, a Catholic Men's Rosary Group I co-lead, and my brother visiting UST on Thursday evening and Friday. I've been arranging things for him to do during his time here, and that's taken up a lot of my free time, but now I finally have time to contribute an update to the blog.
I will be doing an Independent Study class on Jesuit History and Ignatian Spirituality, more the former than the latter, since I will hopefully become a Jesuit sometime after I graduate from UST in May of 2009, and I don't want to inadvertently interfere with formation I will hopefully be undertaking in the future as a Jesuit novice, since they actually undergo St. Ignatius' Spiritual Exercises.
So, I've been looking for good books on the history of the Jesuits, and what they are like now. I've read Malachi Martin's book on the Jesuits, but it is far too political to be of any use to me in the Independent Study. I've found a few good books, but was wondering if anyone knew of any books on Jesuit history, what the Jesuits are like now, or basic introductions to Ignatian spirituality that may be useful to me in setting up an independent study course for this spring?
Please let me know.
Thanks, and may God bless you in all you do.
Your brother in Christ,
LandOLakesJesuit

+ Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam +

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP