Introduction: Ernie

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Hi all,

I am going to let this be the short form. My name is Ernie. I am 22 and live in the Archdiocese of Atlanta. I am a recent Graduate from the University of Georgia in French. I am now living back with my parents and I have been discerning my vocation for about 1.5 years. I am also a convert to Catholicism. My first interest begin back at the Chrism mass two years ago when I got to interact with all the priest after the mass. It was a real eye opening experience as far as getting to see priest as real people. After that there started a tugging feeling that made me feel like this was something I should look into. So that is what I did. After much prayer and advice from my spiritual advisor I started attending retreats talking to more priests and looking into religious communities. I go to a parish ran my Conventuals so I have made a couple of live-ins with them but the diocese was also very attractive to me as well. I would never have imagined myself as a priest and have felt my life make a complete 180. I used to want to do anything to make money have a big house, the classic american dream and now my biggest push is to be a servant of God to his people. After finally discerning about 6 months ago God was calling me to the priesthood I am now in the process of deciding between the conventuals and the diocese. I am leaning toward the diocese and have been given a deadline to make application by the end of the month. So things seem to be rushing forward for me.

During this time I have had to deal with my parents and a family who are not Catholic. That has also made my journey an interesting one. Even though I have been very open with my family they are just now starting to accept the life I have before me and even then if they are not in the right state of mind they will still get upset. But it is nice to think that at least now they support me even if it was not the path that they may have chosen for me or wanted me to do.

So I am looking forward to sharing my journey with the other members and readers of this blog. I have been reading for while now and decided that is was time I joined. So to all...

Peace

Ernie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP