Introductions: Roberta

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

+ AMDG

Hello!

I am never good at these introductions but I will give it my best shot! My name is Roberta and I am a sophomore in college. I am a nursing student, and that was my plan until this thought of a religious vocation popped into my head. I thought I must be crazy- I have always wanted to get married and have a big family and just be a mom! I pushed the thought away for a while- nursing was my plan and I was going to stick to it! I guess that you know I probably wouldn't be here if I still didn't feel that tugging at my heart! I am struggling now with dicerning my vocation because if I could I would spend all of my time visiting different religious communities, spending time before the Blessed Sacrament and such; but school is so busy I will only have limited time to make discernment retreats over the summer. Recently I joined my parish on a womens retreat, and while I was the youngest one there and most of the other women were married I had a wonderful weekend. It really gave me the time needed to realize that sometimes I will just have to wait. For me I see it as a challenge, one that I struggle with every day. Usually it is like trying to fit a round peg into a square hole, but all I can do is offer it up! I struggle with my discernment but I guess that is what discernment is- it's not meant to be easy! I look forward to being a member of this community, sharing my experiences and learning about others! God Bless!

Pax Christi,

Roberta

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP