Introductions: Only By Grace

Friday, February 01, 2008

I am not very good at introductions, but I'll do my best.

My name is Jaimie and I'm a 28 year old woman, a convert of 8 years, and have been discerning a vocation to the religious life practically since my conversion. My conversion to Roman Catholicism came about when I was 20 years old. I was a college Sophomore and found myself "lost" as some college kids do. A good friend at the time was a cradle Catholic and he would take me to the neighborhood Catholic Church for Mass on Sunday. That was how the seed was planted. Within that school year I was in RCIA and I have not looked back since. I have truly found my home. When I realized that a crucial aspect of being a Child of God was to seek His will I then began try to understand what that may be for me. I began to deepen my prayer life and also began reading spiritual books. I felt this subtle invitation to be a Sister most strongly in prayer, but as the months and years progressed I could not deny Him any longer. So I visited different convents and spoken with several Sisters and I think I have found my "home" with The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis.(http://www.franciscansisterspeoria.org)

I will be given the opportunity to test my vocation when I enter the Postulancy on February 15, 2008. I couldn't be more at peace than I am now. God has truly richly blessed me.

Thank you for inviting me to blog here.(this is my first experience blogging)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP