I Have Returned...With Exciting News

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hello everyone!

I arrived back in Colorado Friday after four full days at Our Lady of Guadalupe Seminary. It was a wonderful experience. I am quite in love with OLGS.

On Monday, I arrived and had ample time to explore the seminary. Fr. Portzer, the Vocations Director, gave me an extensive tour of the building. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. It has a very monastic atmosphere. It is surrounded by beautiful scenery:

Denton, the town surrounding the water tower, is the closest town. More of a small village, actually.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, we had a silent retreat. We were able to attend Mass, exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, Vespers, and Compline with the Seminarians.

On Thursday, we went to a relatively nearby Carmelite Convent and attended a Pontifical High Mass offered by Bishop Bruskewitz. Sister Francis Theresa made her vows to the order. Quite an exciting event. Thursday was also the Feast of Corpus Christi, and we were able to attend Solemn Vespers and Compline. They are both very beautiful. During these few days, we had classes with priests from the seminary such as Frs. Buckley, Goodwin, Portzer, and Bisig. Fr. Bisig's class on the history of the FSSP is most intriguing. I will post more about it if I get the chance and make sure that I have the facts correct.

Finally, I have received word that I have been accepted to OLGS for this Fall. After I receive my official notification in the mail, I will write back to them and tell them for sure that I am coming to the seminary. I am so happy. I cannot thank you all enough not only for your financial support, but also for your prayers. They have been of the utmost importance, and I pray for you all daily. I ask that you continue praying for me, as it will not be an easy road. I will keep you update throughout the summer. I hope to be more active on this blog.

Also, there will be a picture of the men on the retreat in the FSSP North American Newsletter.

Again, thank you so much, and God bless!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP