Prayers...I'm going on Retreat!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Hello everyone!

I’m leaving to go to the Daughters of St. Paul Summer Program on Saturday! I’m very excited! The FSP Motherhouse is probably one of my most favorite places in the whole world! I always feel so at home there. I also really want to see some of the sisters that I haven’t seen in a while! :-D Anyway, I wanted to humbly ask you for your prayers. I hope to use this retreat as a time of discernment. Also please keep all of those who will be attending the retreat with me in your prayers! Please know that I will be praying for all of you!
Thank you!

“For there is nothing more that I want, than to be with my Beloved. Just as long as we are together, that is all that matters.” ~Sr. Maria Kolbe O.P.

5 comments:

Nun2Be Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 10:18:00 AM PDT  

I will hold you in my prayers!!!
Pax and God bless!

Mark of the Vineyard Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 1:18:00 PM PDT  

You, and all the others attending the retreat, have my prayers. Please pray for me too: Monday begins my week-long visit to the Disciples of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary.

Pax Christi!

LandOLakesJesuit Wednesday, June 18, 2008 at 9:04:00 PM PDT  

+JMJ+

I will pray for both of you. May God bless you abundantly in all you do, now and eternally.
In Christ,
LandOLakesJesuit

+AMDG+

Anonymous,  Saturday, June 28, 2008 at 3:42:00 PM PDT  

God bless you. We will pray for you.

I'm very disappointed in the Daughters of Saint Paul however. They used to be an orthodox, traditional community....but over the last 20 years have become more and more liberal. They discarded the plain but traditional Daughters of St. Paul habit years ago, and USA vocations to them vanished overnight after that.
Now, they barely wear a habit at all, and I've seen on their international website (and that of the Pious Disiples of the Divine Master), that both communities have in many areas discarded the habit entirely in favor of layclothes.
They'll collapse and decline rapidly, just like all the other Orders that did the same thing!!

They'll never learn. : )
It's only the traditional/traditionalist communities that are growing!!

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP