The Eternal City

Saturday, December 20, 2008



Below is a reflection I wrote regarding my time thus far in the Eternal City. Enjoy!





The Eternal City


From eternity You have called me
A mission in life You have entrusted to me
A reason for being, a way to love
And serve You eternally
When it came time You showed
Me my reason for being
My head understood but my heart could not
Comprehend the meaning of this call
So You brought people in my life
Who sent me to the heart of Your Church
Here would I dwell for four months
As a pilgrim and student
Living among fellow pilgrims
In a place where I can hear Your Voice more clearly
Than ever I have before.
So I packed my bags and took a leap of faith
And now dwell I here in this Eternal City
The hometown of every disciple
Like Cinderella at the ball, I dance with my bride, Your Church
And with her have I fallen in love
At midnight the clock will strike twelve and I’ll have to leave the ball
But for now will I enjoy the dance.
I found True Love in Rome
And now my heart understands this call
My reason for being
And for it I will give my all
For the sake of Your Call.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP