Vocational Update: TeenCatholic

Friday, June 05, 2009

Hello all! My patron saints and the great God himself continually suprise me along my journey! My patron, B. Fr. Seelos, has silently guided my heart to inquire about the Redemptorists congregation. I have recently contacted the vocation director for the Denver Province of North America. I have also talked to some good friends of mine at the Seelos Shrine in New Orleans. The ambition I feel burning in my heart is to put on the habit of my patron. The Redemptorist Congregation was started by St. Alphonsus Liguori in 1732. The Congregation is a missionary order aimed at giving Parish missions, retreats for religious and clerics, school training in seminaries and high schools, and mission work in various third-world countries. Reading the biography of Fr. Seelos, I was prompted to further investigate the life of the Redemptorists. I will continue in prayer though in hopes that God will lead me to whatever he desires. Please remeber me in your prayers!


Pax Christi!

TeenCatholic


P.S. Please check out this new vocational website for teens: www.catholicpriest.me.uk

3 comments:

Matthew Friday, June 5, 2009 at 4:31:00 PM PDT  

Thank you for the update!

On the topic of the Redemptorists, have you considered the Transalpine Redemptorists?

http://papastronsay.blogspot.com/

Laurence Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 5:57:00 PM PDT  

Dear Teen Catholic,
As a Redemptorist, the congregation founded by St. Alphonsus, a confrere of Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos, what joy it gives me to see that the Spirit is still inspiring young men to join us and continue to live the charism we have been given in so great a Founder. Please feel free to contact me for any information you may have on the Congregation, my e mail is brolarrycssr@gmail.com

God's blessings on your continued discernment. May Mary, Our Perpetual Help, continue to intercede on your behalf.

Anonymous,  Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 9:42:00 AM PDT  

Hiya. My doctoral supervisor is a Redemptorist, sound and pious.

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP