Thirst.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Thirst
I am thirsting for your love, why do you run away?

Do you not know that my love for you is perfect and everything you need?
When I formed you in the womb this is what I made you for, yet you continue to run because you are afraid.

I am thirsting for your love, why do you run?

It will be hard and there are many difficult things but my love is more powerful and yet more gentle then anything in the world.

I am thirsting for your love, why do you continue to run?

Do you not understand how much I love you, do you not see everything I am aching to give you? I wish to give you every good thing in the world.

Do you not see that I am thirsting for you, why do you still run?

I know you are afraid and yes you don't know what the future will bring, but there is no need to worry.

If you could only see how much I am thirsting for you, you would stop running.

Lord it's true I don't know where you will lead me but I'm not happy running and I want to trust you.

The truth is I am thirsting for your love and I don't want to run any more.

I can see now that you are the only thing that will make me happy, nothing else can fill me the way you do.

I am thirsting for your love and I'm not going to run any more.

I know that your love is perfect and there is no need to fear. You are the only thing that can satisfy my heart.

I am thirsting for your love and am running right into your arms!

3 comments:

Seth DeMoor Monday, November 2, 2009 at 8:51:00 PM PST  

I enjoy reading your blog, way to be a witness to the faith through this platform. I am new to the Catholic world of blogging and would love to get some feedback on my new blog. In January, I will be launching a new project for the faith and will be using my blog for communication to the world, hope you can tune in. Blessings
Seth J. DeMoor
http://sjdemoor.wordpress.com/

servanthood Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 5:28:00 AM PST  

nice thoughts. thirst is good for us. it encourages active participation to take a glass and drink up.

thirst for Jesus is good for our empty glasss. lets fill it up.

Elizabeth Sunday, November 8, 2009 at 6:22:00 PM PST  

Hi, I wish to point out that one of your blog link is to "Sisters of Carmel" (sistersofcarmel.org), a group that lives a traditional looking cloistered life in Colorado Springs, CO, and presents themselves as Discalced Carmelite nuns, however, unfortunately, they ARE NOT. They are in schism from their local Bishop and from the Pope. They are associated with a schismatic group of priests called "Servants of the Holy Family" that celebrates Mass for them. I think you might not want to link to them because of the danger of confusing some Catholics. There is more information at this link: http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=177728
Let us pray for these doubtless sincere Christian women, that their love for Jesus may lead them back to full communion with His Body!

Peace,
Elizabeth

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP