Introductions: Eileen Bellamy

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Greetings and salutations!

I converted to the Catholic faith in 2004 after being a Baptist for quite sometime. The thought of being a religious sister popped into my mind before I became Catholic. I wanted to do something exciting for the Lord and share my faith with others.

Since I come from a Protestant background, my blood relatives' thoughts on my Catholic practices are mixed. Some of my relatives don't like organized religion while others believe in Sola Scriptura (Scripture only). At this time due to other personal issues, I haven't told them that I wanted to be a sister. God will tell me when it is the right time to do it.

I am currently in contact with a Franciscan community in Oregon. The Franciscan Missionary Sisters of Our Lady of Sorrows could be a good match for me, but I won't know until I meet them in person. That opportunity will happen in October for a come and see retreat. I am looking forward to it!

My home parish (over 7000 parishioners) is like a second family to me....a huge and diverse Catholic family! Staffed by Dominican friars and lay faithful, this place is where I get my faith/spiritual formation and training. Although I am still a lay person involved in a couple of ministries, I do have struggles now and then. I have been learning about my identity as a daughter of God with unique gifts and talents. I decided in order to use my gift of writing by contributing to this blog. I believe that this blog is a great avenue for those discerning, spiritual directors, vocation directors, and those in formation. It is good to share information with others and that is what we are called to do. Talents and gifts are not to be kept in a vacuum. God asks us to share stories and our gifts (charisms) with one another. Thanks be to God that my home parish is doing that!

Keep me posted on your experiences and I will definitely share with you of my experiences and findings as well.

Pax et bonum!

2 comments:

Matthew Thursday, August 11, 2011 at 4:29:00 PM PDT  

Eileen,

One behalf of all of us here at Holy Vocations, welcome to our blogging community. I joined the Church in 2004 as well and have striven to serve our Lord and spread the social kingship of our Lord Jesus Christ since then. Through His grace alone have I been able to do all things.

Once again, welcome and please share with us your journeys so we can keep you in our prayers.

Audrey Friday, August 26, 2011 at 9:24:00 PM PDT  

Hi Eileen,

Welcome to Holy Vocations community! I'm also still discerning, although I haven't been posting my updates here for quite some time (So sorry Matthew and fellow authors!).

Keep praying and reflecting on your daily experiences, and gradually He will reveal Himself to you and through this revelation, you would also discover who you are in Him.

God bless you and looking forward to journeying together with you through your (our) writings. ;)

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP