Frustrated but Hopeful

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

I wondered about the possibility of visiting a prospective religious community but like some discerners, I am searching for jobs and finding ways to get by in a tough economy. Thankfully there is the Laboure Society, an organization that helps those who desire to enter religious life. I beg you to pray for those who are working to get rid of their student loan debt. Although, I have not been formally accepted to any religious community, I am finding ways to fundraiser such as making rosaries and chaplets. I desire to live a life of poverty so that means no more Starbucks.
The desire to become a sister is great. God willing, I will be visiting the Franciscan Missionary Sisters of Our Lady of Sorrows next month. I looked at many communities in the past. Most of the communities were not following the Magisterium of the Church or they mentioned that wearing habits are optional. Optional?

Most of the communities accept single, unmarried women under the age of 30 or 35. I will be 34 next month. I can only find a few good active communities in the West Coast...for those who are much older.

But I am hopeful that God will provided for my needs. I am hopeful that God will let me know when to enter. I will wait patiently.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  Monday, January 9, 2012 at 6:09:00 PM PST  

Dear Eileen,
Hope this link helps you find a community:

http://consecrated-life-org.maritzia.com/orders-in-the-us/communities-accepting-women-over-45/

Keeping you in prayer!

Eileen Lucia Friday, February 3, 2012 at 6:03:00 AM PST  

Dear Friend,

I appreciate your prayers and I am guided by Holy Spirit to a community that accepts women up to the age of 49. I was talking about the discernment process which is important before I enter a community. It's spiritual boot camp.

Cindy Dy Sunday, February 2, 2014 at 10:50:00 PM PST  

So happy to be given a privilege to post a comment here. You have a wonderful site. Thank you for the effort to publish this.

www.gofastek.com

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP