Discernment Update: Eileen Lucia

Saturday, January 28, 2012

It's time....to move forward.

I began 2012 by reflecting on my plans. I have been asked when I was going go to a come and see retreat. I have been challenged by my spiritual director to move forward in the process. There is a part me that is frightened and yet motivated to follow the call.

The last two Sundays in Ordinary Time readings were about responding to the call and not wasting time. I did go to a Latin mass (the third Sunday of Epiphany, I think or it may be after Epiphany) after The Walk for Life West Coast and the readings were about healing and mercy.

Today is the feast day of a Dominican friar, St. Thomas Aquinas who wrote beautiful prayers and hymns such as Tantum Ergo Sacramentum. His love for the Real Presence was great. I am so thankful for the Eucharist...for the Lord Jesus Christ to call us to a deeper relationship with Him especially those women who are called to religious life.

January is finishing up. My guess the theme for this month is responding to God's call and do not be afraid. We heard how St. Paul after his conversion was called to preach to the Gentiles, we heard how many saints responded to God's call despite their flaws.

I ask that you pray for me as I move forward and my spiritual director is willing to help me.
I will be challenged by others for choosing a difficult path, a different vocation. Most would like me to stay same but when one hears the call of God and the focus is on Jesus then the worldly desires are fruitless and undelighful. The fruit of the Blessed Mother's womb is more satisfying. I will attend a come and see retreat before Lent. It's time.

1 comments:

Matthew Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 9:48:00 PM PST  

Eileen, I will most certainly keep you in my prayers! Indeed the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. We must continue to exercise our will. The will is the mind. If we know that something must be done for the glory of God, then we must do it. We must actualize our will. AMDG.

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Posting Insulting, Derogatory, or Attacks against me or another commentor
2. Posting heretical or blasphemous comments
3. Posting obscene comments
4. Advertising or Self-Promotion (email such comments to me directly)
5. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
6. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate
7. Posting a non-English Language comment. Use of Latin within is fine, but a message entirely in another language is not acceptable.

This policy is subject to change without notice.

Final decision rests with the author of this blog concerning the deletion of a comment.

Back to TOP